Employment & Volunteers
Our employees and volunteers are extremely passionate, engaged and are proud of our work in conservation, our mission and vision, and our animals. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of an amazing team!
If you have an interest in volunteering please contact the Center at 406 646-7001.
We currently have several position openings for Seasonal Naturalists. The positions are full-time, 40 hours/week. Pay is $13.00/hour with compensated holidays.
Duration: Position durations are 5 or 6 months. Naturalists are needed as early as April 1, and through September 30 or October 31.
Primary Responsibilities: Educate visitors about bears, wolves, birds-of-prey, and other species native to the Yellowstone ecosystem in both presentation and informal formats. Answer related questions from visitors. Contribute to the development of educational content as needed. Enforce safety guidelines including COVID-19 prevention procedures. Assist with grounds upkeep in public spaces.
The primary responsibility for the position is speaking and interacting with visitors, often for the bulk of an eight hour day. Applicants should also be able to perform related responsibilities that may include light physical activity such as sweeping, shoveling snow, or cleaning public spaces. This position does not involve hands-on work with animals.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Natural Resources, Environmental Education or Biology preferred AND/OR minimum two years relevant job experience
- Experience demonstrating public speaking, education, and customer service skills
- Must be flexible to work weekends and holidays; must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Experience educating diverse age groups from young children to senior adults
- Experience in interpretation and education in a zoo setting or at an AZA-accredited facility
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Completion of a relevant certification, such as NAI’s Certified Interpretive Guide
E-mail a cover letter and resume demonstrating the above qualifications to [email protected]. We will begin to review applications as they are received, and some preference may be given to those received first. Application materials must be received by January 31 to be considered for the position. We anticipate conducting phone interviews in February, and will make final offers no later than the end of that month.