Employment & Volunteers
Our employees and volunteers are extremely passionate, engaged and are proud of our work in conservation, our mission and vision, and our animals. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of an amazing team!
If you have an interest in volunteering please contact the Center at 406 646-7001.
Currently, there are three positions open:
RETAIL/ADMISSIONS – 2 Full Time Openings
Duration: May/June – September/October
Duties: Sell merchandise and admission tickets, welcome visitors and respond to their needs, interact and coordinate with co-workers
Requirements: Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays; strong communication skills, fast learner, computer savvy and able to multi-task; familiar with cash register.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to [email protected] or fax 406-646-7004.
Call 406-646-7001 ext.114 for more information.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – Full Time
This is your opportunity to make the move to Big Sky country. The Grizzly & Wolf Discovery center a Not for Profit Wildlife Park and Educational Facility in West Yellowstone, MT right next to Yellowstone National Park. If you hunt or fish then this is your dream location, endless other outdoor amenities galore. We have one full-time position available on our maintenance team.
The General Maintenance Technician generally works the first shift, which could include weekends and holiday and should be flexible for special projects that may come up. This position performs a wide variety of routine maintenance tasks such as painting, sweeping, raking, picking up trash, mowing lawns, weed etc. Must be able to follow instructions (written and verbal), be a team player and work independently. Full time employees receive
Working Requirements, Physical Demands, and Conditions:
- Required to climb ladders and scaffolding, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push and pull.
- Required to perform physically demanding, heavy work, which includes lifting, moving and carrying as much as 75 pounds on occasion to 20 pounds on a daily basis.
- Works indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather and temperatures ranging from -30 to 90 degrees.
- Adheres to all safety policies, and wears proper safety equipment.
- Must follow Universal Protection Precautions and Blood borne Pathogens Guidelines. Possible occupational exposure (Category A employee) to human blood borne pathogens.
- Works around equipment that has a significant noise level.
- Works around mechanical moving parts, live electrical circuits, and exposed to dusty conditions and pollens.
- Exposed to various solvents, chemicals, and cleaning solutions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
General maintenance at the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center is proud to employ skilled trades professionals who work behind the scenes to keep our mechanical, structural and equipment needs serviced and running smoothly. Working at the Facilities department at an animal facility provides unique challenges and an interesting working environment. This position pays between $24,500 and $25,000 with full benefits. You can apply by sending an application/resume by mail or e-mail to GWDC, PO Box 996, West Yellowstone, MT 59758 Attention Randy Gravatt or e-mailing [email protected]